A Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) helps you identify the gap between the current performance of your team and what you would like the performance to be.
To create a Learning Needs Analysis, ask yourself the following questions:
- What improvement would you like to see in your business?
- Which team is responsible for impacting this part of your business?
- Which skills does this team have right now?
- Which skills will they need to meet the goals you have set?
- What learning experiences will help your team gain these skills?
The goal is to identify specific skills your team needs to make the type of impact you are hoping for. From there, you'll create learning goals, set a learning plan, and begin creating the learning experiences your team needs to be successful.